Best British Tech Startup competition 2019
Congratulations to Hummingbird Technologies: KPMG’s 2019 Best British Tech Startup
Five years of celebrating, connecting and propelling British Tech startups.
From hundreds of applications, down to five finalists and one ultimate pitch in Barcelona, we have our 2019 winner. Congratulations to Hummingbird Technologies, who has taken away the coveted title of Best British Tech Startup 2019. This artificial intelligence business overcame fierce competition and impressed the judges with their business’s innovation, market potential, and momentum.
Based in London, Hummingbird Technologies use imagery and data analytics from UAV, satellite and plane technology, together with machine learning and computer vision techniques, to provide farmers with high resolution crop maps.
A massive congratulations to all of the finalists who came with us on this journey. Their presence at Barcelona’s Four Years From Now at Mobile World Congress did not go unnoticed, with exposure to over 7,000 CEO participants and 3,500 international media and analysts. With previous finalists raising over £100m in the past five years, we’re sure we’ll be seeing big things from these businesses in the future.
- Hummingbird Technologies (London)
- ZigZag Global is a software solution to help ecommerce retailers manage returns domestically and globally. (London)
- Grid Edge is an Artificial Intelligence startup company that provides AI software services to commercial building operators to empower them to intelligently optimise their building’s energy profile, and become active and empowered participants in the energy system. (Midlands)
- Optalysys is developing optical AI systems designed to accelerate the most demanding deep learning and pattern recognition tasks at groundbreaking speeds but at a fraction of the energy consumption of traditional computing hardware. (North)
- Oxford Space Systems (OSS) is an award-winning space technology business that’s pioneering the development of a new generation of deployable antennas and structures for the global satellite industry. (South)