Part-time – 2-3 days per week
Hummingbird was founded in 2016 with a mission to use artificial intelligence to improve the sustainability of global food production. Today, the Hummingbird team comprises around 50 people, led by experts in computer vision, machine learning and geospatial analytics. We specialise in providing Fresh Produce products including VR Nitrogen, plant counting and sizing and yield estimation. We also specialise in monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) of sustainable and regenerative farm management practices to facilitate the monetisation of more sustainable food production. Our vision is to create a system where farmers are rewarded for these practices so that environmental restoration can go hand-in-hand with a more prosperous and productive agriculture sector.
What you’ll get to do
- Manage projects and trials with existing customers (growers, shippers and processors). Specifically, working closely with ag operation managers, harvest forman and field teams.
- Primary person responsible for managing the success of the trials; this will require, but is not limited to, marking out trial plots, counting rows, sampling lettuces and various other activities taken out in person in-field.
- Work with the fresh produce team on project and trial design to ensure successful trial outcomes and data integrity of trials.
- Maintain positive business relationships with growers to ensure a successful and positive outcome of the trials.
- Build and maintain long term business relationships with key growers, shippers and processors in California.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Experience working with growers, shippers and processors in the fresh produce industry.
- Experience implementing, managing and overseeing new projects and trials for an agricultural organisation.
- A great communicator both inside and outside of the organization to include strong verbal, PowerPoint/google slides, and written
- An interest and willingness to learn about remote sensing, Earth Observation and satellite/UAV imagery analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Willingness to travel internationally and within the United States.
- Use of a car and clean driving record.
- FAA certification or willingness to get FAA certification and operate UAVs.
- In-depth understanding of agronomy, precision ag and sustainability.
- You can talk to us about (at least) one large project involving many stakeholders where you were responsible for execution and delivery of the outcome.
- You can show us a report you have written for one of your projects (for example, a project brief, business case, project deliverable or post project review).
- You’re organised. When things get complicated, you’re the one with a plan and ready to mobilise.
- You take ownership of the delivery of your projects and project work in different countries.
- You’re detail oriented. You are keen to get stuck into the gritty details of these trials to ensure every aspect of protocol is implemented correctly.
- You’re a skilled communicator. From your travels and life experiences, you relish working internationally and have picked up great skills in working, aligning and motivating people from different disciplines and cultures to achieve the mission.
Salary = Competitive salary dependent on experience
Extra day off for your birthday
Learning & development allowance
If the above role is of interest to you please email your CV and cover letter to