Hummingbird was founded in 2016 with a mission to use artificial intelligence to improve the sustainability of global food production. Today, the Hummingbird team comprises around 50 people, led by experts in computer vision, machine learning and geospatial analytics. We specialise in providing monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) of sustainable and regenerative farm management practices to facilitate the monetization of more sustainable food production. Our vision is to create a system where farmers are rewarded for these practices so that environmental restoration can go hand-in-hand with a more prosperous and productive agriculture sector.
- Identify and develop relevant MRV opportunities in the US regenerative agriculture and agri-carbon ecosystem
- Forecast and own revenue growth from new business
- Establish, retain and grow customer base
- Build and maintain positive business relationships and partnerships with key agri-tech and agri-data companies in N.America to ensure future sales
- Strategic accounts and partnerships management
- Support the executive leadership team with the development and refinement of offerings and go-to-market strategies that drive profitable growth
- Collaborate with marketing to grow the company’s presence and awareness in the N.America market
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Achieve agreed upon targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Manager > 10 years
- Complex client acquisition
- Strong understanding of the US regen ag and carbon credit space ecosystem
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills to include strong verbal/written and PowerPoint/google slides
- Experience building new partnerships and developing strategies with a proven track record of working through ambiguity and with limited input
- Strong background in Agriculture, Food, and/or Technology business
- To be based in the Midwest US, with extensive travel expected within the USA and Canada to support customer engagements.
- Existing network within the US sustainable agriculture ecosystem
- Familiarity with the sustainability/climate sector and knowledge of key climate frameworks including SBTI, GHG Protocol, Value Change Initiative, and registry protocols
- Familiarity with the emerging agri-carbon ecosystem and carbon protocols such as Verra, Gold Standard, the American Carbon Registry, the Climate Action Reserve, etc.
- An extensive network of contacts in the US regenerative agriculture space
- Familiarity with the most relevant sustainability/climate frameworks in US
- The opportunity to work on an innovative product and shape the future of the agriculture industry
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Learning & development allowance
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short note for the attention of Alex Sakal to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line – Application: Senior Business Development Manager, United States.