Summary of Role
Are you excited by an opportunity to have a real impact on reducing the long-term environmental impact of modern agriculture? Do you have expertise in and a passion for Machine Learning and Computer Vision? Do you want to help reshape the future of farming by applying state-of-the-art AI-driven technology to solve some of the most challenging problems in agriculture? If so, then Hummingbird Technologies might have the perfect role for you.
Hummingbird Technologies is an artificial intelligence SaaS platform using the latest deep learning and computer vision techniques to provide actionable intelligence to farmers and agri-businesses at key decision-making times in the growing season. We are not solving trivial problems, but researching and developing to shape the future of crop and farm management through the creation of AI-driven predictive analysis products. Our products are used across the globe to feed the world and minimise the long-term environmental impact of modern, large-scale agriculture and help us become a leader in carbon capture measurement in agriculture.
You will join a talented team of machine learning researchers, remote sensing scientists, computer vision experts, and software engineers. You will be expected to get up to speed rapidly in this fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment. Your main responsibility will be to help develop machine learning algorithms to create cutting edge services for agriculture.
- MSc or Phd in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Remote Sensing, Statistics or a related field
- Strong expertise in deep learning for computer vision applications
- Broad knowledge of machine learning theory and time series analysis
- Lead a team of machine learning specialists, working collaboratively with engineering and product management.
- Track record of successfully delivering machine learning driven products in a production environment
- Experience with typical Machine Learning stack and tools: Python, Pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, and one or more deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras
- Experience writing production-grade code and using modern software development tools (version control, CI/CD, containers, etc.) in a cloud platform (GCP, AWS)
- High commercial awareness to help drive product development and develop new data science products
- Good communication skills, enjoy working in a team, and exposure to working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with satellite and/or UAV imagery
- Experience with geospatial data processing and analysis tools like GDAL, QGIS, ArcGIS
- Shows interest in managing and leadership
- Educational or work exposure to agriculture, remote sensing, soil sciences or similar fields
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working in agritech sector
- The opportunity to work for an innovative company and help shape the future of the agriculture industry
- Become part of an agile and diverse team that promotes creativity
- Company laptop
- Private Healthcare
- Government Pension scheme
- Flexible working (office in Holborn)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Learning & development allowance
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short note for the attention of Pouria Mortazavian to email@example.com, with the subject line – Application: Machine Learning Team Lead